I’m Sofia Tourlakidou and I like vintage clothes.
I’m a stylist and owner of this small online boutique, a keen vintage lover and supporter of other women and new creative kids on the block. My specialty is mixing English with Greek words to create my own language and I love cartoons.
Passionate with: gardening, retro furniture, road trips and Greek fiesta, meaning naps!
Most days, you’ll find me in front of my laptop updating the website, organising photo shoots, getting super excited when customers emailing with questions and going to buying trips into places that sometimes don’t look that glamorous or safe but it’s quite adventurous. Plus I’m totally obsessed with covering the exterior of my flat with climbing ivy and roses.
"Life is to be lived.
If you have to support yourself,
you had better bloody well find some way that's going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around"
Why SoLovesVintage clothes? Hand-picked, quality assured with timeless appeal. I’m travelling around England, Europe and New York, visiting flea markets and auction houses; spend most of the time haggling; so I can offer you the best price. At the end it’s not about selling as much as finding the right person to match with the correct vintage piece. It’s like a love affair. If the shoe fits, wear it. If in doubt, you can call me for free and I will do anything in my power to assist you and answer all your questions about your favourite piece.
Years from now, I want you to still own the vintage dress you bought and pass it to your loved one; daughter, sister, grandchild, because except the timeless style, and utterly crafted design you are helping the eco-system by reusing and recycling.
“A new dress doesn’t get you anywhere;
it’s the life you’re living in the dress and the sort of life you had lived before, and what you will do in it later”
Yeah, this is where I self-quiz me!!!
THE ST QUIZ
- 1. Where are you from?
- I am born and bred Greek but living in London since ’99
- 2. Why do you wear vintage clothes?
- a. Exclusivity
- b. Quality
- c. History of the garment
- d. Smelly and faulty
- 3. When did you open the store?
- 2008 when the retro fashion was just a niche
- 4. What is in your bucket list?
- A road trip to the States
- 5. Which era is your favourite?
- a. 20’s and 30’s
- b. 40’s and 50’s
- c. 60’s and 70’s
- d. 80’s
- 6. Which city is the best for vintage shopping?
- a. London
- b. New York
- c. Paris
- d. Amsterdam
- 7. A favourite Old Hollywood movie?
- a. Love Story
- b. The Notebook
- c. Bringing up Baby
- d. The Way we Were
- e. Some like it hot
- 8. In your downtime, you’re most likely to:
- a. Go for a drink
- b. Vintage shopping
- c. Read a book
- d. Watch a movie
- 9. Which cartoon character would you been?
- a. Elsa or Anna from Frozen
- b. Moana
- c. Cinderella
- d. Mini Mouse
- 10. Fish and chips or bang ‘n mash?
- Hands down, fish and chips from Pisces in Surbiton
- 11. If you could meet a person dead or alive, it would be:
- Coco Chanel